Stay up to date with new acquisitions with the CBB New Books and Media search tool, http://www.cbbnet.org/new-books-and-media/, accessible from the library homepage (under Quick Links), or from within CBBcat (from the “search” dropdown menu at the top of all CBBcat pages).
The CBB New Books and Media search tool is updated on a weekly basis. Use this service to generate a list of materials recently acquired by Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin libraries or to subscribe to an ongoing feed.
Search by format for books, e-books, DVDs, audio books, CDs, scores, and government documents.
- Search on a particular subject area (books, e-books, DVDs only).
- Limit results by language and library location (Colby, Bates, or Bowdoin).
- Choose a time frame: most recent 7, 30, or 90 days.
- View results as a web page (full-featured or printer-friendly), or send in an email.
Subscribe to a periodic email of new acquisitions.
- Choose subject areas of interest, format, languages, and location.
- Indicate the desired time period (whether items have been received in the past week, month, or 90 days) and set your preferred display option.
- Enter your email address, choose “subscribe,” and submit the form.
You will periodically receive a list of all items acquired based on your chosen criteria. You can create multiple feeds and unsubscribe at any time using the link that appears on the subscription email.
The CBB libraries continue to consider ways to enhance access to our shared library collection, and we hope you will take advantage of the New Books and Media search tool to keep up to date with new acquisitions. If you have questions, or feedback you’d like to share, please contact Karl Fattig or your Research Librarian.