Over the past few years due to changes to library systems, the number of NExpress partners has dwindled. CBB and our two remaining partners, Middlebury and Wellesley, have jointly decided to retire the service.
What does this means for Bowdoin users?
- CBB and MaineCat self-requesting are unchanged.
- Requesting of materials beyond CBB and MaineCat will be streamlined through Interlibrary Loan.
- Benefits for Bowdoin users include:
- A single interface and login to request items, view in-process requests, renew checked-out items, and view electronically-delivered articles.
- No need to search for libraries that own items you need. We will locate the item and select the best lender from among our expanding group of partners that provide expedited service, including Middlebury and Wellesley.
- View request history. This feature was not available in NExpress.
The last day to request an item through NExpress is April 30th. All materials will be due before the end of May. Due dates may vary, so please check the banner on the item. If you have any questions about due dates or renewal options, please contact our ILL staff.
If you are one of our users who will miss discovering materials held at Middlebury and Wellesley, try WorldCat, which provides location information for libraries worldwide.
The Library’s ILL staff will be glad to answer any questions. Feel free to contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jaime Jones at (207) 798-4109.